Monday, January 26, 2009

The Perfect Lip Balm

What makes the perfect Lip Balm?

A question that has been burning in the back of my mind since.....well, let's just say so long ago that I can't remember. I would think it should first of all be aesthetically pleasing because face it people, if a product doesn't catch our eye then it just simply goes unnoticed. No matter how good the product inside the packaging may be. Second, it needs LASTING POWER......I'll say it again, LASTING POWER. At least 3 to 4 hours. I know this probably should have been first but I'm not scared to admit it, I'm a sucker for a pretty package.

Third....it shouldn't be too oily or greasy nor too hard and grainy.

Fourth....the scent should be subtle, I have perfume already thank you very much.

Fifth....Which in truth is NUMBER ONE. It should be natural and safe. I mean, so many of the products we use everyday are downright dangerous. Seriously, some, in fact most of these products contain something called Parabens, which are these little monsters that come disguised in the form of great cosmetics that can actually change the molecular structure of your DNA or damage it. They cause cancer folks, that's what they do. These horrible money tycoons in a monstrous industry that takes advantage of their loyal but unknowing customers, by selling them products that can cause harm disguised as something that can help you. Any way my question is why not just go the natural way. Is it too expensive? Are we not worth the extra expense? Or do they want to just purposely cause cancer among other things? I think we need to do a little more research on the ingredients used in the products we put on our skin. Putting something on your skin is the same as taking in food or anything else orally. Every square inch of our skin is like a million little open mouths taking it into our bloodstream. I know that was a little disgusting but when I read that same information it just made it clear and a reality check instantly set in. So now, my mission is to know....what are these ingredients. What are the benefits or what are the dangers.

If anyone knows of any other dangerous chemicals or great products, dangerous chemicals not included, please feel free to let me know what they are.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Uptown Girl, I read your blog and I totally agree with you. I am a huge cosmetics girl, always buying it and consuming it. This has been totally eye-opening for me and I just want to say thank you. I will definitely begin to transition into the healthier natural options.

    Signed Sales Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sales girl,

    I am so happy that I was able to share some helpful information with you. And that your going to begin to transition into the healthier options. As I learn more I will surely share what I know, and check back now and then, I'll be recommending products that you may be interested in. Thanks again Sales girl!

    Signed Uptown Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Uptown Girl
    We at Pin Up lip balm absolutely agree with you and feel that your five reasons fall in line with our five ingredients, simple, effective and cute. Our balms are made with the best nature has to offer with a little retro glam to boot! Check us out online at www.pinupbalm.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will definitely give pinupbalm a try....sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best natural way to treat scars is to apply Vitamin E directly on the scar itself. This will help in producing more

    collagen (protein) and when new collagen is produced, new cell growth is accelerated to fade away your scars. Taking Vitamin

    E orally does not help so much because very little of the goodness is distributed to the skin and face. Go for serum or

    creams which shows very high concentration of natural Vitamin E as the ingredient. Make sure they are no chemical substitute

    which may cause unwanted side effects.

    One such product you may try is Natur E scar serum (which i found to be a wonderful product that works). It is a natural

    product containing 28000 iu of Vitamin E, hence safe of side effects - yet it works. You can find out more on

    www.scarremovaltreatment.net.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn..now I gotta worry about catching Parabens from chicks? Thank you for this information Uptown Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't mention it MesaiNY, Just make sure when you're kissing these chicks they aren't wearing loads of lipstick. That could be pretty disgusting for more reasons than one. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found a Company on Colorado that makes the best lip balm I've ever tried! The name of the company is the Rocky Mountain Body Works and I was out and about with some freinds in Denver when we ran into this really cute guy who said that he makes lip balm. How often do you meet a guy who makes lip balm and soaps fo that matter. I'm a die hard Burt's fan and he made me a deal. He would give me a tube of his Peppermint LP and if I liked it more than Burt's that I would surrender it. Needless to say I did and I won't be going back! The Rocky Mountain Body Works seven differnet flavors and I urge others to check them out ColoradoSoap.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The white petroleum jelly had always appealed to me.I like organic makeup ...because they are not chemically laden.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I play the Alphorn, that's th e12 foot long horn usually played in the Swiss alps. It is crucial that I have a good lipbalm, else, my lips would be gone soon. Thanks for all the interesting information.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The best lip balm is by FAR Aunt Bee's!

    ReplyDelete